Lauretta McCusker, O.P., D.L.S. Professional Development Grant
The ISLMA Lauretta McCusker, O.P., D.L.S. Professional Development Grant is designed to provide financial assistance to ISLMA members who wish to participate in professional workshops, conferences and coursework related to the school library media profession each year. A total of $3000 in McCusker Professional Development Grants will be awarded each year. If all funds are not expended in the initial grant cycle, a second reading date will be announced.
ISLMA Policy: 3016.4 (Updated 11.7.15)
- The applicant shall be a current member of ISLMA.
- The applicant shall be currently working in a school library or enrolled in a library/information science program leading to school library media certification.
- Professional Grant recipients may re-apply after two years.
Application and Selection:
- Applicants may apply for either a specific or anticipated activity.
- Applicants must complete the application form in its entirety and submit it electronically in Word or PDF format to email@example.com
Downloadable Form (PDF)
Downloadable Form (Word)
- Applications must be timestamped between November 15 and February 1 to be considered by the Grants and Awards Committee. Applicants will be notified of the committee’s decision by mid-March.
- Applications will be considered by timestamp date if necessary. Preference will be given to ISLMA sponsored events.
A total of $3000.00 is available for awards annually. Awards will be granted up to the following amounts:
The Voucher System:
Applicants awarded a professional development grant will receive a voucher entitling them to reimbursement of legitimate expenses related to the activity. Vouchers are valid for a 12-month period beginning March 1. To be reimbursed, the recipient will be responsible for submitting documentation of expenses within thirty days following the event.
- One day activity - $100.00
- Two day activity - $250.00
- Three or more days activity or coursework - $500.00.
Reimbursable Expenses Include:
Registration/tuition fees, mileage, meals, lodging, materials required for activity and substitute fees.
Questions may be directed to ISLMA, P.O. Box 1326; Galesburg, IL 61402-1326; phone 309.341.1099; fax 309.341.2070; email: ISLMAexsec@gmail.com.
List of Past ISLMA Lauretta McCusker, O.P., D.L.S. Professional Development Grant Award Winners